Thursday, November 6, 2014

Ho-Ho-Ho-Readathon

The Ho-Ho-Ho-Readathon has begun!  A week of fun with other Christmas-loving book lovers.  My goal for the week is to read at least three Christmas-themed books.  In my sign-up post I posted a picture of nine un-read Christmas books I found on my own bookcases.  From that stack, I have selected "O Little Town" by Don Reid (member of the Statler Brothers) and "Murder Under the Mistletoe" by Jennifer Jordan.  


I also have a Christmas-themed book club selection to read during November, so that is the third book on my goal list - "Christmas Crimes" by Anne Perry ("A Christmas Homecoming" and "A Christmas Garland")  On a side note - this book is actually two of Ms. Perry's earlier novels, repackaged and sold to suckers like me who don't read the fine print - one of my biggest book-peeves.  But oh well, the price for the Nook Book version was very good for two complete novels.  


The Ho-Ho-Ho-Readathon features seven challenges which are open throughout the week.  One of them, The Purr-fect Holiday Reading List Challenge, is hosted by Melissa @ Mocha, Mysteries and Meows.  Melissa asks us to share our all-time favorite Christmas books.  That's not as easy as it sounds because it's a long list, but these three are on my shelves and have been re-read at least once - sure signs of a favorite book.

Shepherd's Abiding is the Christmas volume from Jan Karon's Mitford series.  I adore the entire series, but of course the Christmas story is my favorite.  Skipping Christmas by John Grisham is a top-pick book that has become a top-pick movie; and Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol is, of course, a classic and a story that has been a fav with me since I listened to the audio version (then on a 33 1/3 LP) repeatedly as a child.  I try to fit in a re-read every December.

I can't wait to get started reading, but before I head to the couch with some hot chocolate and the first book, let me tell you how you can join in the fun.  Visit our hostesses,  Jennifer @ The Book Shelfery and Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.  Visit their blogs to sign up and read along.  




No comments:

Post a Comment