Thursday, December 11, 2014

Tangled Thursday: Negative Space

It's been a while since the Tangled Thursday gang had a challenge, so I'm glad we are back on track.  I've been so busy on other projects that the Zentangle supplies have been abandoned.  I was excited to get them back out, but I have to admit, I was a little rusty.

The challenge for this week was "negative space" - fill the area around an object rather than filling in the object. To get back in the swing, I decided to revisit an idea used for my very first Tangled Thursday submission - a daisy on a background of blocks - this time featuring a little Christmas joy.


Visit our hostess, Heather, at Books & Quilts to see all the "negative" drawings.  And leave a link to your own art work, if you choose.

3 comments:

  1. I just finished taking a Craftsy class using an even feed foot to quilt on a domestic machine and there was a section on negative space. The instructor made letters puff out by quilting very closely spaced straight line everywhere except where the letters were... just like your JOY. I find this fascinating. I am not a strong fan of the modern quilt movement that is like abstract art where there are a few free form shapes on a solid background. But I like that these Zentangles seems to have a message or purpose. I very much like your "quilted" picture - and it is so appropriate for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days I am going to spend more time trying to learn how to tangle. I've tried a couple of times but they have been disasters. I do love getting your emails and seeing your designs. This one is especially pretty!

    ReplyDelete