Thursday, November 14, 2013

Tangled Thursdays

For this weeks Tangled Thursday theme, Elaine chose "hearts".  I like tangling using a shape as a starting place, so drawing a heart and filling it wasn't pushing me to experiment. Instead, I decided to do it backwards and fill all the negative space, leaving the hearts blank.  I was very pleased with the outcome, but I really need to work on my lighting and photography.  The designs at the top are a little fuzzy.
I also drew a tangle inspired by a design I saw on-line - a heart featuring the "cancer ribbon", and it seemed only appropriate to add some touches of pink.  

Inspired by a design by  metacharis
Tangled Thursday is a weekly feature hosted by Heather at Books and Quilts.  Visit her blog to see what others are tangling or to join the fun.  



4 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea to use the negative space. very effective. I like the way you used Cadent on the second heart to look like a ruffle along the right edge. One of these days I will try colour. So far I've only admired other's use of it. It's your turn to select our challenge and set a due date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder, Heather.

      For next week's (November 21) challenge, the theme is "Thanksgiving". Interpret that however you would like - related shapes, words, patterns or whatever strikes you.

      Delete
  2. Nice use of colour, Tami! I love the negative space one, too. I, too, am going to try colour one of these days. Even though I consider myself pretty good at taking photos, I haven't been successful at shooting pieces like this. I'm scanning mine now and it seems to be working a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still amazes me how you have become an "artist" on top of your other many talents! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete