Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Madness

We had our own version of "March Madness" at our house this week.  The grandsons - ages 4 and 5 - and their mom, our oldest daughter, came to visit for spring break.  Our house was full of running, jumping, flying soccer balls, laughter, piano "playing", a few sobs and a bit of screaming.  We did some jig-saw puzzles, played Yahtzee, dominos and endless games of fetch with the dogs, took rides in Uncle's semi (not his personally, but his job during spring break) and watched "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" three times.  They headed back to Albuquerque yesterday and we collapsed on the couch to listen to the silence.  Fantastic visit - but we're not as young as we used to be!

Now starts the actual March Madness.  Here's hoping it can be just as exciting.  For the first time in many years, our Cats were not one of the "bubble" teams waiting to see if they would even get in.  We were the #2 seed in the West region and defeated North Texas today, 82-62.  Go State!

We have finished a couple books amidst the chaos and will try to get reviews up soon.  In the meantime - what teams are you rooting for to make it to the Final Four?  As long as they aren't playing against Kansas State (and they don't happen to be that rival team from our state) we'll cheer for your team. 

5 comments:

  1. My poor bracket is busted already. My Final 4 is still intact, but 2 of my Elite 8 have already gone by the wayside. Which is why you may have noticed I didn't do any posts on this tourney - not my arena of success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved your tale of the visit of your grandchildren. They are so wonderful to be around but the quiet is also welcome. Glad you had such a good viist.

    I'm pulling for KU all the way but I have to root a bit for K-State as well. Either way Kansas comes out on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheer for Mizzou! Which automatically shows I'm not rooting for Kansas... Thanks for your comment. I'm looking forward to trying this whole blogging thing out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband it staying entertained with March Madness, but for me it's more book time LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's a bit of sacriledge to admit that I don't care a hoot about March Madness but I just don't. My husband and son missed getting their bracket picks in so they aren't as engaged as they might otherwise be as well. Without them glued to the tv though, they are insisting on talking to me and cutting down on my reading time!

    ReplyDelete