Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Read-A-Thon Begins

Good morning!  The spring Read-A-Thon is here.  I've got the coffee on and my stack of books ready to go.  My sister, Teri, is visiting me for the weekend to join in, so I hope we can avoid too much chatting and get some reading done.  Later this afternoon, we will be co-sponsoring a mini-challenge, so keep an eye out for that.  Our read-a-thon will end at 6:00 p.m. because we have concert tickets for this evening, but I'm pumped for a day of reading and blogging.

My TBR pile is way beyond what can be read in a day, but here's the top picks that I'll most likely be choosing from:

Already started:  Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
                         The Secret Lives of Dresses by Erin McKeon
                         The Lost Years by Mary Higgins Clark

Next up:  The Bird House by Kelly Simmons
               Mariana by Susanna Kearsley
               The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani
               The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas (Book Club Pick)
             
Hope you're wide awake - wherever you are - and ready to start a day devoted to books!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it was a good read a thon and you read lots!! Hope the concert was good too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete