Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Sisters Readathon

Whoever writes those common sayings we use every day - like "better late than never" - is wrong.  Sometimes late is the same as never.  Sometimes late is TOO late.  I intended to enter the Bout of Books Readathon, but I missed the signup deadline by about 6 hours.  I was all excited - even had my sister excited about it - till I realized I was too late.

But now I'm all pumped up for guilt-free reading time.  No one expects me to do laundry or cook during a readathon - right?  And Hubs will be out of town till Saturday afternoon. So, Teri (Sis) and I are going to have our own  - the Sisters Readathon!

The plan is very flexible - actually, a little vague at the moment.  Just read whenever you get a chance from now through Saturday  Teri and I will occasionally be posting updates, challenges, or whatever else comes to mind.  There are no prizes - this is a low-budget plan - but feel free to join us.  Just read, leave a comment, gab on Twitter - you don't even need a sister!

 My goal is to finish "Devil May Care" by Elizabeth Peters, which I'm reading for the Vintage Mystery Bingo (see link on sidebar) and read as much as possible of "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkein, which I'm reading for T and T book club.  I might even make some progress on a couple of Nook books I've been reading for ages.

Teri posed a question to get us started:
Is there a time that something happened in your life and you can still remember exactly what book you were involved in at the time?  Tell what happened and what book you were reading.
That's going to take some thought!  I'll be back later tonight with my answer.  In the mean time, visit Teri's blog, grab a book and sneak in a few minutes at your desk, while in the school pick-up line, or while sitting on the out-of-balance washer to keep it from jumping across the room. (Hey, I can't be the only one who does this.)

UPDATE:  It's 6:00 p.m.  I'm home from work.  Dog's are fed.  Doors are locked (I'm home alone)....With my two favorite LARGE DOGS (just in case you're a crazed stalker).  I have supper on a festive Christmas paper plate and Diet Coke in my favorite Charlie Brown Christmas cup.  I'm in my comfy chair, wrapped in a cuddly blanket.  Time to read!

1 comment: