I hope you read my post last week about National Infertility Awareness Week and that you checked out the NIAW website and read a few of the amazing posts there, all written by women - and men - who are experiencing or have experienced infertility in some form. I spent a lot of time on that site, and met some incredible people - one of them being the lovely blogger at We Say IVF - They Say FIV. She graciously awarded me a Versatile Blogger award, which is for newly discovered blogs.
The award rules are to share 10 things about myself, and direct you to some other blogs I've discovered recently. So here goes...
1. It took over six years to conceive our first child.
2. One summer I made over 1500 cookies.
3. I can't knit.
4. However, I can tat lace - or at least I "usta-could".
5. Dove chocolate saved my life during our recent move.
6. I plant red geraniums every year because they remind me of my Grandma.
7. I'm going to turn 50 later this month - probably.
8. Favorite thing: When both kids call and are happy - at the same time!
9. I'm addicted to Marie Osmond's rendition of Pia Jesu (Who knew she had that amazing
voice hiding under that "little bit country"?)
10. I've eaten two pounds of Farmer's Cheese since we moved back to Nebraska. I've
never found it anywhere else. (Farmer's Cheese, crackers and grapes is the perfect
As for passing the award along, I'm going to cheat just a bit. Instead of listing 15 blogs I recommend, I'm asking you to go to the National Infertility Awareness Week page and read some of the stories there. Even if you've never dealt with infertility, leave a comment on someone's blog just to tell them you care.