|Image from www.chappellroberts.com|
It's a New Year and I'll be 54 soon . . . and 54 is not too old to learn something new! Right? So, I challenge you to learn something new in 2013! Pick five things, big or small, that you have always wanted to be able to do. Maybe it is something that you need to learn to help you with your job or with your life, but also, just think of some things you want to learn for simple fun!
- learn basic gun safety/shooting
- learn basic algebra (her daughter is a math teacher)
- be CPR certified (done!)
- learn to knit
- learn to line dance
I've had a bit more trouble deciding what I want to learn. It would be easy to pick five new crafts to learn, but I'm trying to use this challenge to branch out and try something totally out of my usual realm. Easier said than done! So I'm starting here - I want to learn to:
1. Crochet. I can make a chain, but that's it.
2. Tat lace. A lady who lived near us when we were growing up showed me the basics, but I haven't tried it for over forty years.
3. Load/shoot a gun(s). This is not really a "want to", it's a "need to". I've been around guns all my life - grew up in Kansas, we hunt. I do know basic gun safety and I have shot, but my knowledge is minimal. We live in a secluded area and it's a weird world out there - I need to be comfortable with the guns that are in our house.
4. Camp. I have always been an "indoor" girl. I used to have a magnet on my fridge that said "My idea of roughing it is when room service is late." But, since moving to Green Acres, I've learned to love the beauty and peace of the outdoors. So this summer I want to give camping a shot.
5. a topic yet to be determined
I'll be reporting back on how my lessons are going. Care to join me? You're never too old - or too busy, or too educated - to learn something new. Stop by Teri's blog, Henningsen Happenings, and leave her a comment - then go back to link up posts about what you learn.