1. Please tell us a little about yourself: I'm Tami - book lover and ex-librarian - and I began blogging in October 2009. At that point I was still working at the library, where one of my responsibilities was to purchase new materials, and I used book blogs as a resource to keep current on popular books. I've always loved to write, so decided to try my hand at sharing about the books I was reading. Over time, the blog has evolved to contain more than books, but reading is still the primary focus. You can find out more about my husband, Dave, and I by clicking on the "about" tab at the top of the page.
2. What are you currently reading? What is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012? I am always reading several books at once. At the moment, I'm reading "Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake" by Anna Quindlen and "Brownies and Broomsticks" by Bailey Cates. My favorite book so far this year would be "The Snow Child" by Eowyn Ivey
3. What is your favorite feature on your blog? Although the blog is primarily about books, I find that posts about the random occurrences in our life get more responses. My favorite feature I have created is "A Puzzling Post" - puzzles I create around books, tv, movies and music.
4. Which is your favorite post that you have written, that you want everyone to read? There are so many I loved writing, and about such a wide variety of topics - some very personal and emotional - but, oddly, my favorite posts are not about books. I'll let you choose. Here are three of my favorites, read whatever appeals to you:
"Panic, Mechanics and Knight School" - a humorous look at our family.
"National Infertility Awareness Week" - our infertility story.
"While the Music Plays On" - My tribute to my mother-in-law and her battle with Alzheimer's
5. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? My favorite part of the book blogging community is the people! I have made some wonderful friends through blogging - and then connecting with those people on Twitter, and sharing events such as Read-a-thons. My best friends are fellow bloggers.
Check back tomorrow for Day Two of Armchair BEA - Give-Aways!