Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Slake Your Thirst Challenge

Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer is sponsoring the Slake Your Thirst challenge as part of the WWRead-A-Thon.  The challenge? - Post a picture and recipe of your favorite summertime drink and your most anticipated summertime read.

My favorite summer drink (or any other season) is Pioneer Woman's Perfect Iced Coffee. It takes a little time to prepare, but worth every moment.  Unfortunately, it's not worth every calorie for me this summer.  Not exactly compatible with trying to shed a few pounds - but oh, so delicious.


Image from www.pioneerwoman.com
If you're looking for a drink for a summertime party, try a Tapshoes.  I swiped the recipe from the Improv Club in Kansas City when we were there last week.

Improv Tapshoes = Coconut rum, melon liqueur, pineapple juice and lemon/lime soda.

You're on your own for the proportions - but it should be fun and tasty experimenting.

My most anticipated summer reads can be found here.  Today I'm starting Stardust by Carla Stewart.


3 comments:

  1. YES! I love iced coffee! It's one of my favorite drinks for the summer, along with iced tea (anything cold really).

    And the book is really appealing, I really like historical romances. I hope it's good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new book. You know the PW coffee is actually low carb if you use heavy cream and something like Stevia....works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling you are my newest BFF...i love coffee and this sounds divine! Great book too!

    ReplyDelete