As always, we kick things off with the traditional opening meme:
1. What part of the world are you reading from today? - I'm reading from the little spot we call "Green Acres", just north of beautiful Salem, Nebraska (population 111 people, 17 dogs, 32 cats and 5 pigs. The pigs are against village regulations and in the process of being evicted, but that's another story.)
2. What book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
This is my Planned Reading Stack, carefully chosen because they all have one thing in common . . . I have already started reading them. Yes, I have reading commitment issues. I am easily distracted from my current book by the newest, shiny book that crosses my path. My plan is to start with Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield - my most anticipated read.
3. What snack are you most looking forward to? I'm trying to keep my snacking to a minimum and limited to healthy options, but my big splurge for the day is Jolly Time Corn-on-the-Cob flavor popcorn. Oh-my-gosh, the deliciousness! And the calorie count isn't awful.
4. Tell us a little something about yourself. Empty nest mom, ex-librarian, quilter, crafter . . . you can get all the details on the "About" tab above, if you are interested.
5. If you participated in the last readathon, what's one thing you'll do different today? I would have to look back through the blog to be sure, but I think this is my 8th readathon, and I'll be sticking to my standard readathon plan: 45 minutes of each hour devoted to reading, and 15 minutes to entering mini-challenges, getting snacks, etc. However, since I have been gone for the past week to visit our son, I will occasionally be skipping the hourly challenge and substituting in 10-minute housework sessions to get caught up.
It's time . . . so here we go! Happy reading!
There's still plenty of time to join the fun. Go here for all the details.