Monday, August 17, 2015

Orange Crush

Although I am excited about the start of the NFL season and my favorite team, this post is not about this: 




It's about this:


I found this recipe via Pinterest, from Teresa @ Blooming on Bainbridge, and it's every bit as delicious as she promises.  I made it for our company BBQ over the weekend and it was a hit.  The recipe makes 3 quarts and evidently my ice cream freezer is a bit smaller because I had some of the mix left over.  I mixed up another half-recipe which, combined with the leftover bit, was just short of the fill line.  I made up the difference by adding a pint of heavy whipping cream.  Needless to say, the second batch was even better. 

ORANGE CRUSH ICE CREAM

2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1 c. sugar
6 cans Orange Crush or other orange-flavored soda (Substitute 1 pint of cream for 1 can of soda for a creamier ice cream.)

Pour condensed milk into large bowl, add sugar and whisk together.  Slowly pour in Orange Crush, whisking thoroughly after each can.  Freeze according to instructions for your ice cream freezer of choice.

Enjoy on a hot summer evening with good friends.

This post is linked with Inspiration on Monday, hosted by Trish at Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity.

3 comments:

  1. Yum!!! Definitely will try this and add a little whipping cream for sure! Will be perfect for you Bronco fans as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this sounds so delicious and refreshing!!! I LOVE Orange crush...and how can you go wrong by adding just a little bit more heavy cream. ;) Thanks for sharing Tami!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy. Freaking. Buckets! This sounds delicious and easy. I'm sending the hubs out for Orange Crush on his way home from work tonight. The perfect way to end the summer!

    ReplyDelete