Renee and her family have recently set out on an amazing adventure. They sold their house, purchased an RV and accompanying business that they can operate from the road and are living, learning, home-schooling from the road. I admire their pioneer spirit! Please stop by Renee's blog and follow her journey.
One of the criteria for accepting this award is that I tell you seven things to help you get to know me better(I know - I listed 8). Most of you know that I'm a middle-aged, book loving, slightly off-kilter, wife, mom and ex-librarian. Here are some things you may NOT know:
- In the pre-computer, pencil-and-paper days, I scheduled commercials at an NBC affiliate station. Yup, I'm the one who decided what ads you saw during each break if you happened to be watching NBC out of Great Bend, KS.
- I have also been a bank teller, receptionist, bookkeeper and typed/mimeographed (remember those?) tests for the Department of Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work at K-State. (Try saying that every time you answer the phone).
- I was a baton twirler in high school - but not a good one.
- I play the piano. Used to play clarinet and saxophone, but haven't touched either in years.
- I love to cook/bake, which accounts for my habit of buying clothes in continually larger sizes.
- I've never seen an ocean.
- I've been to Washington DC twice and love it. I want to return at Christmas time to see the White House decorations, in the spring to see the cherry blossoms and on the 4th of July to watch the fireworks on the mall.
- I've always wanted to write a book but am too chicken to start in case I can't do it.
The second criteria is to pass the award along to five other blogs I think you will enjoy, so here are five my of favorites. Please check them out.