Tuesday, March 1, 2011

T&T Book Club: February Selection

My sister and I have our own two-person book club, T&T (for Tami and Teri, or Teri and Tami, depending on who you ask), in which we take turns selecting a book to read and discuss.  Over the years it has been monthly, quarterly, and whenever-we-get-around-to-it.  We are attempting to return to the monthly format so I'm going to use the blog as a means of keeping on track.  So far in 2011, we read The Shepherd, the Angel and Walter, the Christmas Miracle Dog by Dave Barry (Teri's pick and her Christmas gift to me), and my February pick, Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie. 

I used to read alot of Agathat Christie's books, but since starting at the library my reading time has been dominated by new releases.  So this choice was a return to an old favorite, and if it just happened to fulfill the final category on my Library Bingo card, that was just a happy coincidence.  And if you believe that...

Murder at the Vicarage is the first in the Miss Marple series.  I was slightly disappointed because Miss Marple played such a small role.  Of course, she solved the case, but the story is written from the Vicar's perspective so the majority of the action centers around him.  Nonetheless, it was a good mystery, cozy setting and an unexpected solution.

2 comments:

  1. How cool having a bookclub with your sister. I've been looking for a decent book club to join. Agatha Christie is a legend, but I have not read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murder At the Vicarage is one of my favorite A.C.s. I think there were some short stories featuring Miss Marple that came before this one but now that I'm writing that I'm not sure. I'll have to go check.

    ReplyDelete