Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Needlework Tuesday

Actually, it was more of a Rotary Cutter Tuesday.  I'm preparing for a visit to my sister's  this weekend - and a quilting lesson while I'm there.  As her first quilting project, Teri chose to make a doll quilt for her granddaughter.  We chose this basic block made from strips for a project we could complete in a day, but still learn the basics of matching up seams.  To save time, I pre-cut the strips today.

Teri's quilt will be made from these pretty pink and black prints:

I will be making a similar quilt from vintage Winnie the Pooh fabric:



That's pretty much it for my sewing and crafting for the week.  Hopefully, next Tuesday I'll have finished doll quilts to display.  

To see what everyone else is stitching this week, visit Heather at Books and Quilts.


2 comments:

  1. Great selection of fabrics. I have made a few doll quilts but they were either given away or donated to charity. This one that i showed today is mine to keep. I have cutting weeks as well. I can get so much ready in one week that I can sew for weeks afterward but the best part is cutting until there are no scraps left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Have a nice visit with your sister.

    ReplyDelete