Friday, October 19, 2012

Mx3 Week 3: Fail

I had a plan.  It was a good plan.  It was well thought-out.  It was balanced - one week, one book, one movie.  It's now a failed plan.  Part of the problem was that I didn't allow for life - preparing for kids coming, concert, work ... Part of it was that I didn't focus - too much time on Twitter, Song Pop, Words With Friends, reading blogs...  And part of it was that I just can't get into a book.  Does anyone else have those slumps?  Nothing is grabbing me, I'm having to work to read, and I hate that.  So... no Mx3 entry for me this week but, in an attempt to pick up a book I can't put down, and to read something within the Mx3 parameters, I'm going back to the familiar.  Stopped at the library over my lunch break and picked up Where Are The Children by Mary Higgins Clark (a re-read) and one of Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe mysteries. I also have a qualifying audiobook going in the car - but the name escapes me at the moment.  So, I have high hopes for next week.  I also plan to get the movies watched, but with kids arriving tomorrow and staying through Monday, probably not in the next few days.  Perhaps in my post-family stupor next week, I'll just veg-out on the couch and have a movie marathon.

Until then, hope you're all having a scary, spooky Mx3 week.

1 comment:

  1. You did what was most important - prepared for the kids to come!

    ReplyDelete