Another readathon has come and gone, and once again I didn't read as much as I hoped, but at least I had better reasons this time.
- Which hour was most daunting for you? The hours of helping as an event co-host were definitely my most daunting - but also great fun and rewarding.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Unfortunately, no. I had an awful time focusing on anything I tried.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not in general - but on a personal note, don't go to karaoke night at the bar the night before.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? -- Everything went smooth as butter, from what I could tell, thanks to the dedication of Andi and Heather.
- How many books did you read? - I read FROM 3 different books, but finished none.
- What were the names of the books you read? The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley, The Drop by Michael Connelly, and The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling
- Which book did you enjoy most? I most enjoyed The Drop by Michael Connelly just because it was the easiest. I don't mean that as a put-down, but I was having a rough time focusing on the other two books, so went to this one because I knew it was gripping and fast-paced - it wouldn't take as much effort as the others.
- Which did you enjoy least? The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling - because it had so much hype and even though I only read a few chapters, it wasn't what I was expecting. Not marking it off my list, just didn't grab me immediately.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Don't over-schedule yourself. I had a plan to read 30 minutes and cheer 30 minutes of each hour - except during the hours I was co-hosting and the hours we went to the cabaret where we have season tickets.... That didn't happen. There was just too much to do.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? 100% - I will participate in every readathon possible, and I will take whatever role is needed - reading, cheering, co-hosting (now that I understand it a little bit and wouldn't be so panicked).
Hope you all had a fan-tabulous time at Dewey's Read-a-thon! If you didn't participate this time, hope to see you in April.