Monday, October 29, 2012

Reviews in Brief

Here are some short-and-possibly-sweet reviews of recent reads.  All but the Evanovich have been in audio form.


The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly - I'm working my way through the entire Mickey Haller series.  Talented author, suspenseful courtroom drama and a hero you'll love.


The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly - Same series - same review










Chasing the Dime by Michael Connelly - Same author - stand-alone novel - same review.  Are you catching on?  Michael Connelly can write!








Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich - I give.  I have enough years invested in the Stephanie Plum series that I'll continue to read them in the hope that she (the author or the protagonist) will eventually move on, but I'm not wasting another minute on this shabby remake of the original.  Actually have about 30 pages left on this one and don't care if I ever read them.





Mystic River by Dennis Lehane - Another reliably awesome author.  This wasn't my favorite of his, but still way above the average.










A Little Bit Wicked by Kristin Chenoweth - I'm not a big biography reader, but this was fun.  I fell in love with Kristin on West Wing and now seek out anything she's in.  She narrates the audiobook herself and that made it even more fun - especially the parts she sings.  







If you have any questions or want further info on any of my recent reads, just ask.

2 comments:

  1. Love to hear about these new authors to me - I'm very excited about our new series to read - It's growing my reading world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to be able to "copy and paste" your reviews for the first three! HAHA! : )

    And Kristen sings on her audiobook? That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete