- Our son and his fiance took a 12-day whirlwind tour of England, France and Italy, and we got to deliver to/retrieve from the airport. They stayed a couple days each time and we spent hours looking at pictures and hearing amazing stories.
- The garden is coming up and doing well - except the melons, which we replanted yesterday.
- We went fishing and all I caught were Guiness-worthy clumps of moss. Dave might have gotten four nice-sized bass - I forget.
- The mower threw a rock and broke out a window in a pickup parked nearby (not ours).
- We had a nest of robins in the tool shed, but they grew up and flew away.
- And speaking of chicks leaving the nest, our baby turned 21.
When she was that little blonde imp with the mischievous grin, I didn't believe moms who told me how fast it would go. But I look at the beautiful woman with the charming smile (who is occasionally still mischievous), and I can't help but wonder where those 21 years went. I start hearing country songs: "You're Gonna Miss This", "There Goes My Life", "Don't Blink" . . . *sob*