Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tis the Season to be Pinning . . . and Doing

Trish at Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity has announced the Holiday version of her now-famous Pin It/Do It Challenge - so start decking those halls!   For the October version, I did mostly craft pins.  For Christmas, the pins will be more focused on decorating . . . but you know I won't be able to resist crafting.

I am signing up at the "Pin Obsessed" level, which means I will accomplish eight or more pins between Nov. 15th and Dec. 31.  The majority will be Christmas-related, but I may throw in a few Thanksgiving and New Year ideas as well.

Here's what's in the planning stages so far:  Christmas trees made from books and tomato cages (not together); ornaments made from felt and book pages (again, not together);  decorations made from wrapping paper scraps and old magazines (you get my drift); creative re-uses of summer porch decorations; quilting; and my FAVORITE pin idea ever -- You've been RACKed!

RACK stands for Random Acts of Christmas Kindness.  Details in a later post but, basically, I will be bestowing random bits of Christmas cheer on unsuspecting friends and strangers during the month of December. Can't wait!

Trish will be posting a link-up on Thursday, so start lining up your holiday pins. 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like another great pinning challenge! I wonder if those trees from books were what we used to make years ago from magazines. Will be interested to see what you come up with over the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the christmas tree out of books idea - - -

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO. All of those ideas sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear about your RACK ideas! I think that we may need to do some of those this year as well.

    Thanks for joining again Tami! You are a Pin it and Do it Rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your book ideas sound great and I can't wait to hear more about your RACK ideas!! I'm going with 4-7 pins this time around.

    ReplyDelete