Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hour 13 Mini-Challenge: The Best of the Year

Lisa at Lisa's World of Books would like to know, "What are the best books you've read this year?"  She has a list of categories and asks us each to name a winner in at least 3 categories. My problem is, I'm not sure how to categorize some, so I'm just going to give you my three favorite reads (so far) of 2013.  And the winner is.....

Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman.  Beautifully written.  A good story with that little extra "something" that moves it into 5-star category.  My review is here.

The Fate of Mercy Alban  by Wendy Webb.   "A perfect read for a dark and stormy night," according to the cover blurb.  An unusual mystery. My review is here.

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd.  This one wins for Best Book I Should Have Read Years Ago.  




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so honored that my novel is on your list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked The Secret Life of Bees. Now I'm going to have to add the other two to my TBR. Sounds like you're having a good Read-a-Thon. I'm here to cheer!

    Team Otter Cheerleader, Joy

    ReplyDelete