Sunday, October 13, 2013

October Pin It/Do It: Roll Warmer

 
from Virginia at Gingercake
I love vintage kitchen things, and I actually remember these roll warmers from years and years (and years) ago.  They are incredibly simple to sew and I'm sure there are many creative uses for things other than dinner rolls.  

Virginia's version calls for two coordinating prints, but my version uses four fabrics.  I had partial fat quarters left over from a throw pillow for our daughter's apartment, but none large enough to cut three 12" circles.  So I cut one each of three coordinates and three of the coral solid.  

I matched up 1 print circle and one coral to make the three required double-sided circles. 

Stitch together following Virginia's easy instructions, add three snaps . . .

snuggle a dinner roll into each pocket and you're ready for thanksgiving dinner.

I like the look of the three prints, but I also like the other examples on Gingercake that are one solid color.  I'll be making more of these.   Let me know if you have brilliant ideas for other uses.

The October Pin It and Do It Challenge is hosted by Trish at Love, Laughter and a Bit of Insanity.


7 comments:

  1. I really like the multiple colors as well! The only other use I can think of right now (with my mommy brain) is a sorter for Elle to put all her random stuff in. She'd love filling all those pockets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Do you have a link to the tutorial? Looks like it just takes back to her main page)

      Delete
    2. The link has been fixed. Thanks for the heads-up, Trish.

      Delete
  2. That is a GREAT idea and it's super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea! Are you going to make rolls anytime soon? [she asked hopefully]

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to make for gifts! You could have so much fun playing with different fabrics, too. Assuming you can sew. Which I can...as long as it's a straight line. I don't know about circles but I might have to try my hand at one.

    ReplyDelete