Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October Pin It/Do It: A Sheepish Pin

This is such an easy pin that I almost feel guilty counting it for the October challenge. Almost. 

School teacher, Julie Joest, posted this picture of a project she assigned her class - create a card by drawing a doodle or Zentangle on an old book page, and glue to construction paper.

I didn't necessarily need a card, but loved the idea of Zentangling on old book pages.  Since I keep a box of books from an estate sale for just such crafting occasions, I tore out several pages and gave it a try.  I experimented with a couple types of paper, but the best result was on the porous paper rather than paper with a shiny finish.  I especially liked the look of the yellowed edges.   


        
I have no idea what I'm going to do with these, but then I have no idea what to do with an entire sketch book full of Zentangles.  But if a use ever comes up, I'm ready.  And we'll call that Pin #1 for October Pin It.

Visit Trish @ Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity to see what everyone is pinning and doing, or to join.

4 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful Tami!! I will never be able to zen like you do! I will be thinking of uses for the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Tami. You could always frame them. Or leave the pages in the book and do a whole book's worth. You could even decorate/tangle the cover. I'm sure you'll think of something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with zentangle but seems like a really cool idea. I love the one on the right--maybe frame it and display it on a bookshelf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a neat idea. I really must find myself a falling apart book for this. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete