Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon Is Here Again!

It's that time again. Round up the books, chase the family out of the house and put on a pot of coffee . . . it's READATHON DAY!  It's 7:00 a.m. in my part of the world and I've been up preparing (and maybe getting in a little sewing) before the reading day begins.

The coffee's ready, as is the book stack, and I'm pumped.  I'm assuming we will be starting with the standard questions, so here goes:


What fine part of the world are you reading from today?   I'm in the southeast corner of Nebraska, USA


Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?  Somewhere Safe With Someone Good by Jan Karon.  I've had the book for about a week and have forced myself to wait til this morning to start.  


Which snack are you most looking forward to?  I'm trying to remain on the healthy eating road today - so fresh fruit, carrot sticks and hummus await me.


Tell us a little something about yourself!  Wife, mother of adult children, grandma, reader, crafter, sewer, cupcake addict.  For more info, click the "about" tab.


If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?  I've participated many times and I usually have the same plan:  Read 45 minutes of each hour, spend 15 minutes on mini-challenges, etc.  For the first time in years, I'm going to try to read through the night.  


So, welcome fellow readers!  Have a great day of bookish fun.  If you aren't participating, there's still plenty of time - nearly 24 whole hours!  Visit the website and sign up.


Come back at 3:00 a.m. (Central Time) for my Books on Books Mini-Challenge.



Button artwork by HelgaMcL - available on her Etsy store

5 comments:

  1. Unbelievable! I subscribed to their Facebook so I wouldn't miss this and still missed it and hubby is working 16 hours each day this weekend! Would have been perfect for it! Maybe its not too late...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this readathon. I have some plan today so I'm a bit sad to miss part of the event, but I'm meeting up with some teacher bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a great day planned! My coffee is ready - good luck to both of us with our "four feeted children/grandchildren" today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you good? You waited to read your shiny new book until today and you are eating healthy snacks!

    Hope you are having a great time!

    If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here's Singing My Way Through the Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a great plan! :) Looking forward to coming across your updates. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete