Thursday, October 9, 2014

Tangled Thursday

Today's Tangled Thursday is brought to you by . . .

the letter P.
Elaine challenged participants to draw inspiration from the letter P - in whatever shape or form we chose.  My mind went in several directions - surprise!

First was a traditional tile:



The patterns used include Punzel, Paizel, Paradox, Paushalov, Poke Leaf, Pots-N-Pans, and Purk.  

As I was Pinterest-surfing for inspiration, I ran across a Zentangle-like drawing of a Purple Peacock.  Perfect!  (The link went to a discontinued Etsy page, so my thanks to the original artist - whoever you are).  Here's my version:


Then, just because many of the P-patterns reminded me of plants, I drew a Zentangle garden of P's.

Thanks, Elaine, for the fun challenge.  To see what everyone is drawing or to link your own post, visit Heather at Books and Quilts.

4 comments:

  1. This always looks like you're having so much fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Tami! I really love your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the Peacock and the garden!! I really like the way you have seemed to really feel comfortable with the tangles and made them your own!! I am still learning the language and trying to think of options. I love the way with PokeLeaf you made a pointed stem - I will try to remember that.

    Wonderful!!
    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2014/10/letter-p-challenge-tangled-thursday/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job on all of them, but it's the purple peacock that stands out for me. Wow.

    Thanks for linking up with Tangled Thursday.

    ReplyDelete