Saturday, October 18, 2014

Read-a-thon Update #1

It's been four-and-a-half hours since Readathon kicked off - I've read 70 pages.  I know, pretty sad page total, BUT - I also entered several mini-challenges, started a load of laundry, cleaned up the breakfast dishes, and I'm doggie-sitting my son's Great Dane pup -- not conducive to concentration.  Considering all that, I'm not doing bad.  I'm going to fix a bite of lunch and return to the books.

This hour, Kim at On The Wings of Books is challenging readers to post a picture of one of the books they're reading, staged with items that go along with the story.  


One of the three books I'm reading today is Return to Me by Lynn Austin . . . and how can you return somewhere without a road map?  Ok, lame, I know -- but I couldn't find a shofar (that's the animal-horn trumpet he's blowing on the cover).  Fun challenge, anyway!

Now, back to the books.

3 comments:

  1. Remember that the main point of this -- not to sound super cheesy, though I know I'm going to -- just have fun! Do as much as you can, and if you stay focused and motivated, you'll feel very accomplished once it's over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good entry! Have fun #TeamKing

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you are having fun, that's what matters!! Doing the challenges and being social is good too!! Enjoy the books you do read!

    ReplyDelete