Saturday, October 18, 2014

Half-Time

Time for the Mid-Event Survey: 

1. What are you reading right now?  I'm still alternating between Somewhere Safe with Someone Good by Jan Karon and Return to Me by Lynn Austin

2. How many books have you read so far? Zip - but I'm breaking out some shorter, easier selections in the wee hours, so I have high hopes of finishing a book.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?  After one of the mini-challenges lead me to pull down some classics from my childhood, I'm looking forward to some re-reads.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? TONS of interruptions - "grandparenting" a Great Dane puppy, fixing lunch for Hubs and Son, K-State football game (tried to read AND watch the last quarter), a little laundry, a little unintentional snoozing . . .  I deal with them by saying "c'est la vie".  I'm having fun with the challenges and socializing.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?  Hmmmm.... No real surprises so far.  I will be surprised later if I'm able to read through the night.  I'm hosting the mini-challenge at 3:00 a.m. (central time).

4 comments:

  1. You have done a great job Sis - entertaining company and keeping up nicely with the reading - maybe you can involve the guys by reading to them around the campfire - :) would that be strange? I want to read the Jan Karon book as well. I will definitelly keep going til 3 a.m. so I don't miss your challenge!! Have a great night of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it sounds like you are having a good day. Enjoy the rest of the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finishing up my first book Tami. Hoped to read more but like you said its all for fun, no pressure. Glad I stopped by your blog this morning and saw this was today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are having tons of fun with us today!!!

    ReplyDelete